Meet our executive team
Our Executive Team is made up of highly qualified and experienced leaders who bring complementary leadership skills to the group and share our mission to be the preeminent wealth management organisation in Australia that consistently puts clients first.
Chief Executive Officer
- Renato has more than 20 years’ experience in financial services in senior management and corporate strategy roles.
- He has led Insignia Financial through a series of forward thinking, strategic initiatives including the organisation’s ClientFirst approach and the acquisitions of ANZ’s Pensions & Investments and MLC businesses.
- Renato joined Insignia Financial in 2003 and has previously worked for Rothschild, NAB and ANZ. He is a director of the Financial Services Council’s Board and is a CFA charterholder.
Group Company Secretary
- Adrianna has more than 25 years’ experience in financial services and wealth management, legal, compliance and risk.
- Most recently, she was Group General Counsel at McMillian Shakespeare and from 2003 to 2009, Group General Counsel at Insignia Financial.
Chief Financial Officer
- David has more than 20 years’ global finance experience across consulting, investment banking, private equity and corporate environments with Spark New Zealand, MediaWorks and Macquarie.
- Most recently he was Chief Financial Officer of Spark New Zealand, the country’s largest telecommunications company.
Chief Legal Officer
- Lawrence has over 25 years' legal experience in financial services and wealth management.
- Lawrence was formerly a Partner at the law firm Clayton Utz and most recently the General Counsel for ANZ Wealth.
Chief Operating & Technology Officer
- Frank has more than 30 years’ experience in financial services in the areas of wealth management, banking, operations, transformation, and change management.
- He leads Insignia Financials’ technology, operations, and client services teams, and is accountable delivering strategic initiatives including simplification of products and platforms, and the integration of recent acquisitions.
- Frank joined Insignia Financial in 2015 as General Manager, Transformation and has previously held senior management roles at NAB, MLC and Aviva Australia.
Chief Asset Management Officer
- Garry has more than 30 years’ experience in financial services, wealth management and asset management.
- He has held senior executive roles with MLC and NAB in Australia, New Zealand and the UK and continues to be Director of a number of Group companies in Australia and the UK.
- Garry joined Insignia Financial upon the acquisition of the MLC business in June 2021.
Chief Distribution Officer
- Mark has over 30 years’ experience across the financial services sector in Australia and the UK.
- He previously held senior management roles at Credit Suisse Asset Management, Barclays Global Investors and most recently BlackRock Australia, where he was Managing Director, Retail Advisory & iShares.
Chief Risk Officer
- Anvij has more than 20 years’ experience in financial services. He is passionate about cultivating and leading high performing teams to deliver optimal risk and customer outcomes.
- Prior to joining Insignia Financial in 2023, Anvij spent ten years at the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, where he was most recently Executive General Manager for Operational Risk and Chief Risk Officer for the bank’s business support functions. Prior to this, he was the General Manager Operational Risk of CBA’s Retail Bank and the Chief Risk Officer of Colonial First State.
Chief People Officer
- Mel has more than 20 years’ experience in human resources with expertise in culture, organisational development and change management.
- She most recently was General Manager, People & Change for AusNet Services and prior to this held several senior roles in commercial banking.
- She joined Insignia Financial as Chief People Officer in 2019.
Chief Client Officer
- Chris brings over 20 years of experience in financial services, demonstrating a strong passion for developing systems of work which deliver client-centric solutions.
- He currently leads the Client Wellbeing division at Insignia Financial, focusing on improving client value to drive the Group's growth.
- Prior to his current role, Chris has held various leadership roles across the Insignia Financial Group. These include transformation (spanning enterprise strategy, portfolio management and optimisation, change management, and overseeing the separation from NAB and ANZ), product development and management, and frontline client services.
Chief Executive Officer, Rhombus Advisory
- Darren has more than 25 years’ experience in the financial services industry, having held senior management roles across ANZ, BT Financial Group, Asgard and MLC.
- He joined Insignia Financial upon the acquisition of the ANZ Wealth Advice business in October 2018.